My name is Jane and it's fair to say i have a love of all animals (no point doing this job if not!!) Having retired from work on ill health grounds I decided to take life a little easier and follow my passion for working with dogs. Grooming seemed the natural choice and I can honestly say that I find it very therapeutic and enjoyable.
I am lucky enough not have the pressure of having to groom a large amount of dogs per day which means grooming for me is a hobby as well as a small job. I am able to take my time while grooming and my pleasure comes from seeing a finished dog who looks very pleased with themselves!! (why do they do that?... trot around like they just lost ten pounds and feel great!!) and an owner who is happy with the results.
I can offer the following services in comfortable, warm surroundings, where your dog is given my full attention;
- Hand stripping
- Bath and 'brush up' (for the smelly pooch who doesn't necessarily need a cut. Great for short haired breeds)
- Brushing (particularly good to take out dead hair on certain breeds)
- Toe nail clipping and ear hair plucking
- Full groom
- A doggie treat at the end of the service (subject to owners permission and good behaviour!!)
- For a small charge (within a reasonable distance) I am able to collect and deliver your dog, which means you get your dog groomed within a proper grooming parlour (instead of inside the back of a van) while not having the hassle of having to drive to deliver and collect.
- I am also able to offer a dog walking service (for an added amount), either as a one off to treat your dog or give your legs a rest, on an ad-hoc basis or on a more permanent regular basis. This service is offered through another small local business which I can arrange for you or you are able to do yourself by visiting www.willowwalks.co.uk
It is important to me that you are happy with the finished look and I
always welcome feedback. After all, the only way I learn to groom your
dog the way you like it is to listen to what you tell me (believe me
someone did my cockapoo once and I nearly cried!!).
My focus is really on your family pet, while I am able to groom so that your pet has the cut of it's particular breed (if you want it cut that way), I am not able to do full show clips to show standard because of time / financial implications. Scruffy mutts is for your loveable pet who comes in a scruffbag and goes out looking lovely!
The price for my services vary dependant upon various different aspects i.e. size, condition of coat, regularity of the dog being groomed (and possibly danger money!! hehe). Please feel free to ask me for a price ( I will usually need to see the dog) you are under no obligation and are welcome to see where I will be grooming your pet. You are also welcome to wait and have a cuppa while I groom your pet.